These last couple of weeks have been hectic! First I caught this alien virus that had me in the emergency room and had me down for 4 days. Then before I knew it, it was time to pack up the kids and dog to head over the mountain for Christmas with our family we had a lovely Christmas and now I’ve returned to the land of work… But in all that chaos, I was nominated by 2 great bloggers for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much A Dream Became A Reality&Lil Jem and Baby E! This recognition really made miserable couple of weeks amazing.
So what is a Liebster Award??
The Liebster Award is recognition for bloggers by other bloggers. It’s only coincidental that the name is derived from the German word that means “beloved, or dear” in English. It’s been around in some form or another since 2011, so I think there is at least some credence to its name.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to them on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
3. Answer the questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
7. List these rules in your post.
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Random facts about me:
1. I have moved 36 times in my life.
2. My middle name is Patricia because I was born on St. Patrick’s Day
3. I was raised in both East Texas and Northern Arizona.
4. I despise doing dishes
5. I enjoy embarrassing my kids in public with my dancing
6. My daughter and I butt heads so much because she is my little clone and it frustrates me.
7. I am currently loving the Ketogenic way of eating.
8. I love to make Hubbs feel bad for silly things.
9. I do not have a dad and I think I’m a better parent for it.
10. I secretly want to be one of those bloggers that have enough fame to keep me from working a boring retail job.
These are all blogs that I have enjoyed reading whether due to posts about parenting, healthy living, recipes, or just something that has stopped to make me think! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading from these bloggers. So please if you are reading this, take a moment to check their posts 🙂
1. Chasing Jameson
2. Cunningham Chronicles
3. Brutally Honest Mommy
4. Two Sprogs and a Lottie Dog
My questions from A Dream Became a Reality:
1 What movie title would best describe your average day?
Because I said so
2 What is your favourite song at the moment?
Honestly I’m not cool and hip enough to know what new songs are playing right now, just push shuffle on my Pandora and I’m good to jam!
3 What is your pet peeve?
Indecisiveness! Make up your minds people!
4 If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you move to?
I have moved plenty in my life and I don’t feel the need to move again. I am perfectly happy in my little desert.
5 What is your dream holiday?
One where my kids don’t tell me they are bored…
6 What was your first pet and it’s name?
My first pet was a calico cat that I named Anne-Marie.
7 Are you a morning person or nightowl?
Nightowl all the way!
8 Would you rather spend New Years in the city or in the comfort of your own home with family?
I’ve never been one to party and go out so I really do enjoy being home with my family.
9 Iced coffee or Iced tea?
Coffee is essential for every task I have to tackle.
10 Coke or Pepsi?
11 Give one tip for a fellow blogger or new blogger
Don’t be shy! There are billions of people in this world and we all have our own point of view and way of expressing ourselves. Blog from the heart.
My questions from Lil Jem and Baby E:
1. What’s something that no one would guess about you?
I am very serious person and often times it gives the impression that I am mean or just not fun at all.
2. Why did you start writing a blog?
I had a mommy meltdown about 3 months ago that made me realize my entire existence was to serve and please Hubbs and my kids. I had nothing of my own to keep my sanity. So blogging became a way of expressing my thoughts and feelings in a creative way. Blogging has definitely been a cheaper hobby than some of my more crafty ventures haha
3. If you could be doing anything, anywhere right now, what and where would it be?
At the moment I feel like I would love to be a Stay At Home Mom! I’ve always worked and help provide for our family but I have definitely missed out on a lot when it comes to my kids.
4. What do you wish you had done differently in your life?
I wish I had been smarter when it comes to career choices. Working management in a retail setting, I do miss out on a lot with my family. I wish I had chosen something that is more 9-5ish.
5. What are you doing for yourself?
The truest piece of advice I have ever received is “momma can’t take care of everyone if she doesn’t take care of herself” with that said, since I have started blogging, I have done more for myself than I ever had in the past. I am taking my health more serious, setting time and money aside for myself for haircuts and new clothes. It’s been so weird! And I’ll be honest, I still feel guilty when I spend on myself.
6. What’s one thing you’ve had to overcome in your life?
I have had to overcome breaking my family tradition of absentee parenting. When I found out I was bringing an innocent life into this world I promised to do to make sure she would never feel unloved or unwanted by me. I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job at keeping that promise.
7. What’s the most important thing to you?
My kids of course! Their mental well-being, their physical health, their happiness. Everything I do I keep them in mind.
8. What did you learn about yourself from your previous relationships?
I learned that I have too strong of a personality to be with most men. Hubbs knows I know best so he doesn’t try to be the boss.
9. How do you handle being in a bad mood?
If I am in a bad mood it’s usually because I’m hungry or need a nap (I swear I am an infant sometimes) but if it’s something that can’t be fixed by eating or going to bed early, I usually talk it out with Hubbs. He is a great listener and I usually feel better after ranting and raving.
10. What do you wish someone would ask you?
Hmmm… ask me anything! I’m an open book!
Questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
2. Would you consider yourself tech savvy?
3. What is something you couldn’t function without?
4. Are you a parent? If so what do you say is your parenting style?
5. Have you found your soulmate?
6. What is something that you love that others just don’t get?
7. Favorite movie of all time?
8. If your life was a sitcom, what would it be called?
9. Do you have any big regrets?
10. Favorite holiday? And why?
11. What is something that you believe that is an unpopular opinion?